- 1986- Started with diverse products. 2.2 tons main frequency induction furnaces and an 8-inch manual steel re-rolling mill with a capacity of 3600tons per annum.
- 1988- Commercial production of steel bars and steel ingots started.
- 1992- Expansion started in producing angle iron and t-iron.
- 1995- Carried out BMR and setup 10 inch roughing stand.
- 2001- Fully automatic re-rolling mill, first of its kind. Started producing 5.5 mm wire rod as the smallest size of any rerolling mill could produce.
- 2004- Explored steel products, wire rod, bailing hoops and became the leaders in bailing hoop production.
- 2006- Only Grade 60 steel bars produced, 195 feet long, walking beam-cooling bed installed which is the largest cooling bed in Pakistan.
- 2007- First ASTM 706 production in Pakistan by FF STEEL. Got the capacity of producing 120,000 tons of steel bars per annum.
- 2017- A new and fresh brand identity given to this historical company, making it shoot up its visual identity and creating a place in hearts of people with ‘Stronger and Safer Pakistan’.
OHSAS 18001: 2007
- Pakistan standards and quality control authority (PSQCA) awarded the conformance certificate for its ASTM-706 steel bar.
- Two production managers got national awards from Pervaiz Musharaf in 2001 and Shaukat Aziz in 2007.
8th October earthquake:
During the 8th October 2005 earthquake, shelters, medical treatment, food, and clothing were directly provided to the victims. Senator Nauman Wazir himself led a team to help in Thakot and Allai valley. Trucks were directed with resources for the victims and distributed accordingly. As a result of this devastating event, FF STEEL took the initiative to manufacture only grade 60 steel bars to save future lives at risk in this seismic plate.
As an active responsible manufacturing mill, FF STEEL has designed itself to stay efficient doing its part in conserving the world resources. A recycling cooling water system and heat exchangers that save natural gas reducing the amount of carbon emission are used here. The entire furnace section is planned in a way to achieve maximum environment and sustainable development. Furthermore, FF STEEL Initiated clean development mechanism (CDM) as per Kyoto protocol.
Meet the makers
Senator Nauman Wazir Khattak hails from village Adamzai in Nowshera district, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. He received his early education from Presentation Convent, Murree and PAF School, Peshawar. Joined Pakistan Air Force in 1973 and graduated as Aeronautical Engineer in 1977. Took an early retirement from PAF in 1987 as a Squadron Leader to pursue entrepreneurial activities and set up a steel mill in Peshawar.
Besides being Chairman of Frontier Foundry Pvt Ltd (FF Steel) he is also serving as Chairman KPK Technical Education and Vocational Training Authority (KP-TEVTA), Chief Ministers Industrial Policy Committee, and Governors Economic Reforms Committee FATA.
He is Member Board of Directors Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Pvt Ltd. (SNGPL), Pakhtunkhwa Energy Development Organization (PEDO), Fata Development Authority (FDA), Engineering Development Board (EDB), Water and Sanitation Services Peshawar, City University Peshawar and Sarhad University of Science and Technology Peshawar.
Earlier he had served as board member of Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO), Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA), Pakistan Industrial & Technical Assistance Center (PITAC), Board of Investment Pakistan (BOI), Pakistan Hunting & Sports Arms Development Company (PHSADC),Trade Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP), LEADS, Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Committee FBR, Advanced Technical Training Center Peshawar, Human Resource Management & Development Center (HRMDC), WWF-Workers Welfare Fund, CECOS University Peshawar and IMS-Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar.
Represented Pakistan at United Nations (I.L.O) 13th session of Metal Trades Committee at Geneva, Leader of delegation on Seminar on improvement of Foundry Castings Jakarta-Indonesia, Leader of delegation on Stonetechmart-2000 at Jaipur India representing Marble & Granite Sector Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Consultant-Midterm Review of SPCS III-IUCN
He has written papers on SWOT Analysis of Industrial Sector of Pakistan, Adverse Impact of Pakistan foreign debts, Promotion of Industrialization in KPK, Pakistan Economic Conditions & Industrialization.
He has also been a actively involved in philanthropic and relief activities during natural calamities. Set up one of the largest relief camp in Thakot district Batagram for earthquake affectees 2005. Also set up camp for IDPs of Swat at Peshawar for 700 families. Carried out eighty house village rehabilitation project and food relief for 2010 flood affectees in Nowshera district.
In 2015 he was elected as Senator from Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and also the Parliamentary Leader of Pakistan Tehreek Insaaf (PTI) in the Senate of Pakistan.
‘Stronger and Safer Pakistan’
Our devotion to deliver out the best and dedication to the highest quality of customer satisfaction delivered with a sense of warmth, cooperation, friendliness, individual pride and company spirit is what binds us at FF STEEL together. We exhibit a strong will to win in the marketplace and in every aspect of our business. We are using higher-quality raw material and technical equipment to make the perfect grade 60 steel bars for Pakistan. Currently receiving high marks from the users. For me our clients and staff both are equally prioritized. Hence, we plan to constantly build a pleasant, nurturing and growth oriented environment which encourages our employees and clients to be productive. Growing personally and professionally together, we will make a stronger and safer Pakistan.